1. We have to stop pretending…that learning is natural and easy. Maybe when we were babies and toddlers, learning came easy. But it’s hard and it takes time.
2. We have to stop pretending…one kind of professional learning is best. Neither edcamp, or learning communities, or large group or self directed learning work all the time.
3. We have to stop pretending… that learning how to use an application or software means we are using technology to enhance learning.
4. We have to stop pretending…that change can happen quickly. For most of us, we need time to absorb, to try, to reflect, to learn.
5. We have to stop pretending…that one approach, one researcher, one policy maker has all the answers.